IPC 2013 : D03D : WOVEN FABRICS; METHODS OF WEAVING; LOOMS.
> WOVEN FABRICS; METHODS OF WEAVING; LOOMS
Notes[t] D01 - D07: TEXTILES OR FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- Class D06 takes precedence over this subclass in respect of processes involving both weaving and finishing steps and in respect of the finished fabrics.
- A method of weaving is classified in the group designating the fabric woven unless the method is characterised by the operation of a particular loom rather than by the production of a particular fabric. In this case, the method is classified in the group for the loom.
- In this subclass, if there is any doubt as to which of the essential features is the most important (this is usually the most restrictive feature), the groups designating woven fabrics should be considered in the order in which they appear at each level of indentation, except that groups designating woven pile fabrics are to be considered as taking precedence over groups designating other woven fabrics.
Woven fabrics designed to make specified articles.
Notes[g] D03D 1/00 - D03D 27/00: Woven fabrics; Methods of weaving other than those characterised by the operation of a particular loom
Woven fabrics characterised by their shape.
Woven fabrics designed to be resilient, i.e. to recover from compressive stress.
Double or multi-ply fabrics not otherwise provided for.
- D03D 11/02 Fabrics formed with pockets, tubes, loops, folds, tucks, or flaps (fabrics for curtain heading tapes D03D 1/06; fabrics consisting of a single tube D03D 3/02). [+21 patents]
Woven fabrics characterised by the special disposition of the warp or weft threads, e.g. with curved weft threads, with discontinuous warp threads, with diagonal warp or weft.
Woven fabrics characterised by the material or construction of the yarn or other warp or weft elements used.
- D03D 15/02 the warp or weft elements being of stiff material, e.g. wire, cane, slat. [+27 patents]
- D03D 15/04 woven to produce shapes or effects upon differential shrinkage. [+21 patents]
- D03D 15/06 using scaffolding threads, i.e. threads removed after weaving. [+6 patents]
D03D 17/00 Woven fabrics having elastic or stretch properties due to manner of weaving
(fabrics using stretchable or elastic threads D03D 15/08
D03D 21/00 Lappet- or swivel-woven fabrics.
General weaving methods not special to the production of any particular woven fabric or the use of any particular loom; Weaves not provided for in any other single group.
Woven fabrics not otherwise provided for.
Notes[g] D03D 29/00 - D03D 51/00: Looms; Methods of weaving characterised by the operation of particular looms
Lappet, swivel or other looms for forming embroidery-like decoration on fabrics.
D03D 33/00 Multiple looms, i.e. two or more looms assembled together, whether or not they have mechanisms in common
D03D 35/00 Smallware looms, i.e. looms for weaving ribbons or other narrow fabrics
D03D 37/00 Circular looms
(looms for weaving separate fabrics disposed in a circle or polygon D03D 33/00
- D03D 39/02 Axminster looms, i.e. wherein pile tufts are inserted during weaving. [+1 patents]
- D03D 39/04 Spool Axminster looms. [+1 patents]
- D03D 39/06 Tuft yarn tube or spool frames.
Looms not otherwise provided for, e.g. for weaving chenille yarn; Details peculiar to these looms.
- D03D 43/02 with drop boxes.
- D03D 43/04 Operating mechanisms. [+1 patents]
- D03D 43/06 with rotary boxes.
- D03D 45/02 Controlling replenishment. [+1 patents]
- D03D 45/04 Pirn feelers or other detectors for initiating replenishment (weft stop motions D03D 51/34).
- D03D 45/06 mechanical. [+1 patents]
D03D 47/00 Looms in which bulk supply of weft does not pass through shed, e.g. shuttleless looms, gripper shuttle looms, dummy shuttle looms
(circular looms D03D 37/00
- D03D 47/02 wherein loops of continuous weft thread are inserted, i.e. double picks (D03D 47/27 takes precedence). [+6 patents]
- D03D 47/04 by a reciprocating needle having a permanently-threaded eye. [+4 patents]
- D03D 47/06 by a pivoted having a permanently-threaded eye. [+5 patents]
D03D 49/00 Details or constructional features not peculiar to looms of a particular type
(temples D03J 1/22
- D03D 49/02 Construction of loom framework. [+7 patents]
- D03D 49/04 Control of the tension in warp or cloth. [+21 patents]
- D03D 49/06 Warp let-off mechanisms (construction of warp beam D02H). [+14 patents]
Driving, starting, or stopping arrangements; Automatic stop motions.
- D03D 51/02 General arrangements of driving mechanism. [+9 patents]
- D03D 51/04 Manual controls.
- D03D 51/06 using particular methods of stopping. [+1 patents]