IPC 2013 : D06 : TREATMENT OF TEXTILES OR THE LIKE; LAUNDERING; FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR.IPC2013 > D > D06[c] > TREATMENT OF TEXTILES OR THE LIKE; LAUNDERING; FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR.
Notes[t] D01 - D07: TEXTILES OR FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
D06B TREATING TEXTILE MATERIALS BY LIQUIDS, GASES, OR VAPOURS (applying liquids to surfaces in general B05; conveying in general, handling webs or filaments in general B65; treating leather C14C; mechanical removal of impurities from animal fibres D01B; laundering D06F; chemical matters, see D06L - D06Q).
- In this subclass, the following terms or expressions are used with the meaning indicated:
- "fabric" includes yarns in warp or sheet form;
- "textile material" includes fabrics, yarns or other fibrous materials;
- "indefinite length" means an extent of material having the characteristic that the longitudinal dimension is effectively infinite in so far as the procedure for advancing or moving the material is concerned.
D06C FINISHING, DRESSING, TENTERING, OR STRETCHING TEXTILE FABRICS (chemical matters, see D06L - D06Q; drying F26B).
- In this subclass, the following term is used with meaning indicated:
- "fabric" includes yarns in warp or sheet form.
D06F LAUNDERING, DRYING, IRONING, PRESSING OR FOLDING TEXTILE ARTICLES (apparatus for blocking, pressing, steaming, or stretching hats A42C; treating textile materials by liquids, gases or vapors D06B; chemical matters, see D06L, D06M).
- This subclass covers :
- domestic or laundry dry-cleaning apparatus using volatile solvents;
- domestic, laundry, or tailors' ironing or other hot-pressing of clothes, linen, or other textile articles.
- This subclass does not cover apparatus for wringing, washing, dry-cleaning, ironing, or other hot-pressing of textiles in manufacturing operations, which is covered by subclasses D06B, D06C .
D06G MECHANICAL OR PRESSURE CLEANING OF CARPETS, RUGS, SACKS, HIDES, OR OTHER SKIN OR TEXTILE ARTICLES OR FABRICS; TURNING INSIDE-OUT FLEXIBLE TUBULAR OR OTHER HOLLOW ARTICLES (mechanical preparation or mechanical treatment of bed feathers B68G 3/00).
D06H MARKING, INSPECTING, SEAMING, OR SEVERING TEXTILE MATERIALS (seaming by sewing D05B; in connection with manufacturing, see the relevant subclasses).
D06J PLEATING, KILTING, OR GOFFERING TEXTILE FABRICS OR WEARING APPAREL (by weaving D03D; by sewing D05B; apparatus for pressing or setting formed pleats D06C).
D06L BLEACHING, e.g. OPTICAL BLEACHING, DRY-CLEANING, OR WASHING FIBRES, THREADS, YARNS, FABRICS, FEATHERS, OR MADE-UP FIBROUS GOODS; BLEACHING LEATHER OR FURS (treatment of fibres or filaments of glass, mineral wool, or slag wool C03; chemical treatment of fibrous material to obtain fibres for spinning D01; for mechanical matters, see D06B, D06C, D06F; bleaching paper pulp or cotton linters D21).
D06M TREATMENT, NOT PROVIDED FOR ELSEWHERE IN CLASS D06, OF FIBRES, THREADS, YARNS, FABRICS, FEATHERS, OR FIBROUS GOODS MADE FROM SUCH MATERIALS (surface treatment of fibres or filaments from glass, minerals or slags C03C 25/00; treatment of textiles by mechanical means, see D06B - D06J).
- In each of the groups D06M 11/00 - D06M 15/00, in the absence of an indication to the contrary, a substance is classified in the last appropriate place.
- In this subclass:
- Within each one of main groups D06M 11/00 - D06M 15/00, a mixture of substances is classified at least according to the essential ingredient. If more than one ingredient is essential, the mixture is classified, in the absence of an indication to the contrary, according to the essential ingredient which belongs to the last appropriate place in the sequence of substance.
- Treatment by mixtures of substances covered by two or more of main groups D06M 11/00 - D06M 15/00 is classified in each appropriate main group.
- In this subclass, the treatment of textiles, not provided for elsewhere in class D06, is classified according to the following principles:
- Attention is drawn to Note (3) after the title of section C, which Note indicates to which version of the periodic table of chemical elements the IPC refers.
D06N WALL, FLOOR, OR LIKE COVERING MATERIALS, e.g. LINOLEUM, OILCLOTH, ARTIFICIAL LEATHER, ROOFING FELT, CONSISTING OF A FIBROUS WEB COATED WITH A LAYER OF MACROMOLECULAR MATERIAL; FLEXIBLE SHEET MATERIAL NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR (laminates in general B32B; coated webs which retain the character of paper or cardboard D21).
- Layered products classified in this subclass are also classified in subclass B32B .
D06P DYEING OR PRINTING TEXTILES; DYEING LEATHER, FURS, OR SOLID MACROMOLECULAR SUBSTANCES IN ANY FORM (for mechanical matters, see B41F, B41J, D06B, D06C; printing on surfaces of materials other than textiles B41M; surface treatment of fibres or filaments from glass, minerals, or slags C03C 25/00; mordanting D06M; dyeing paper D21H).
D06Q DECORATING TEXTILES (for treatment of textiles by mechanical means, see D06B - D06J; metallising the entire surface of textiles D06M 11/83; textile threads, filaments, yarns or tow, glued on macromolecular material D06N 7/00; dyeing or printing D06P).
- In this subclass, the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "decorating" means "local treatment" or "local effects produced" as to change, e.g. optically, the appearance or the properties of textile materials.