IPC 2013 : B23K : SOLDERING OR UNSOLDERING; WELDING; CLADDING OR PLATING BY SOLDERING OR WELDING; CUTTING BY APPLYING HEAT LOCALLY, e.g. FLAME CUTTING; WORKING BY LASER BEAM (making metal-coated products by extruding metal B21C 23/22; building up linings or coverings by casting B22D 19/08; casting by dipping B22D 23/04; manufacture of composite layers by sintering metal powder B22F 7/00; arrangements on machine tools for copying or controlling B23Q; covering metals or covering materials with metals, not otherwise provided for C23C; burners F23D).
> SOLDERING OR UNSOLDERING; WELDING; CLADDING OR PLATING BY SOLDERING OR WELDING; CUTTING BY APPLYING HEAT LOCALLY, e.g. FLAME CUTTING; WORKING BY LASER BEAM (making metal-coated products by extruding metal B21C 23/22; building up linings or coverings by casting B22D 19/08; casting by dipping B22D 23/04; manufacture of composite layers by sintering metal powder B22F 7/00; arrangements on machine tools for copying or controlling B23Q; covering metals or covering materials with metals, not otherwise provided for C23C; burners F23D)
Notes[t] B21 - B32: SHAPING
- This subclass covers also electric circuits specially adapted for the purposes covered by the title of the subclass.
- In this subclass, the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "soldering" means uniting metals using solder and applying heat without melting either of the parts to be united.
- In groups B23K 1/00 - B23K 31/00, it is desirable to add the indexing codes of groups B23K 101/00 or B23K 103/00 .
B23K 1/00 Soldering, e.g. brazing, or unsoldering
takes precedence; characterised only by the use of special materials or media B23K 35/00
; dip or wave soldering in the manufacture of printed circuits H05K 3/34
Notes[g] B23K 1/00 - B23K 3/00: Soldering, e.g. brazing, or unsoldering
B23K 3/00 Tools, devices, or special appurtenances for soldering, e.g. brazing, or unsoldering, not specially adapted for particular methods
(materials used for soldering B23K 35/00
- B23K 3/02 Soldering irons; Bits. [+14 patents]
- B23K 3/03 electrically heated. [+11 patents]
- B23K 3/04 Heating appliances (soldering lamps or blow-pipes F23D; electric heating in general H05B). [+12 patents]
Notes[g] B23K 5/00 - B23K 7/00: Flame welding or cutting
- B23K 5/02 Seam welding (making tubes involving operations other than welding B21C). [+1 patents]
- B23K 5/04 using additional profiled strips or like of welding metal along seam edges.
- B23K 5/06 Welding longitudinal seams.
Cutting, scarfing, or desurfacing by applying flames.
- B23K 7/06 Machines, apparatus, or equipment specially designed for scarfing or desurfacing. [+15 patents]
- B23K 7/08 by applying additional compounds or means favouring the cutting, scarfing, or desurfacing procedure. [+5 patents]
- B23K 7/10 Auxiliary devices, e.g. for guiding or supporting the torch (guiding means applicable to other metal-working machines B23Q). [+24 patents]
Notes[g] B23K 9/00 - B23K 13/00: Electric welding or cutting
- B23K 9/007 Spot arc welding.
- B23K 9/013 Arc cutting, gouging, scarfing or desurfacing. [+4 patents]
- B23K 9/02 Seam welding; Backing means; Inserts. [+70 patents]
Welding or cutting by means of a plasma.
Resistance welding; Severing by resistance heating.
Welding by high-frequency current heating.
Notes[g] B23K 15/00 - B23K 28/00: Other welding or cutting; Working by laser beam
Use of the energy of nuclear particles in welding or related techniques.
Non-electric welding by applying impact or other pressure, with or without the application of heat, e.g. cladding or plating.
- B23K 20/02 by means of a press. [+22 patents]
- B23K 20/04 by means of a rolling mill. [+12 patents]
- B23K 20/06 by means of high energy impulses, e.g. magnetic energy. [+3 patents]
B23K 25/00 Slag welding, i.e. using a heated layer or mass of powder, slag, or the like in contact with the material to be joined
takes precedence; submerged-arc welding B23K 9/18
- B23K 26/02 Positioning or observing the workpiece, e.g. with respect to the point of impact; Aligning, aiming or focusing the laser beam. [+55 patents]
- B23K 26/03 Observing the workpiece. [+16 patents]
- B23K 26/04 Automatically aligning, aiming or focusing the laser beam, e.g. using the back-scattered light. [+37 patents]
- B23K 28/02 Combined welding or cutting procedures or apparatus. [+8 patents]
B23K 31/00 Processes relevant to this subclass, specially adapted for particular articles or purposes, but not covered by any single one of main groups B23K 1/00 - B23K 28/00
(making tubes or profiled bars involving operations other than soldering or welding B21C 37/04
, B21C 37/08
- B23K 31/02 relating to soldering or welding (dip or wave soldering in the manufacture of printed circuits H05K 3/34). [+61 patents]
- B23K 31/10 relating to cutting or desurfacing. [+1 patents]
- B23K 31/12 relating to investigating the properties, e.g. the weldability, of materials. [+11 patents]
Specially-profiled edge portions of workpieces for making soldering or welding connections; Filling the seams formed thereby.
Rods, electrodes, materials, or media, for use in soldering, welding, or cutting.
- B23K 35/02 characterised by mechanical features, e.g. shape. [+54 patents]
- B23K 35/04 specially designed for use as electrodes (ignition tips for arc welding or cutting B23K 9/26). [+3 patents]
- B23K 35/06 of non-circular cross-section; with special arrangement, e.g. internal. [+2 patents]
B23K 37/00 Auxiliary devices or processes, not specially adapted to a procedure covered by only one of the other main groups of this subclass
(eye-shields for welders worn on the operator's body or carried in the hand A61F 9/00
; applicable to metal-working machines other than soldering, welding, or flame-cutting machines B23Q
; other protective shields F16P 1/06
- B23K 37/02 Carriages for supporting the welding or cutting element. [+29 patents]
- B23K 37/04 for holding or positioning work. [+148 patents]
- B23K 37/047 moving work to adjust its position between soldering, welding or cutting steps (B23K 37/053 takes precedence). [+45 patents]
Articles made by soldering, welding or cutting.
B23K 101/00 - B23K 103/00: Indexing scheme associated with groups B23K 1/00
- B23K 31/00
, relating to articles made by soldering, welding or cutting or to materials to be soldered, welded or cut.
- B23K 103/02 Iron or ferrous alloys.
- B23K 103/04 Steel alloys. [+3 patents]
- B23K 103/06 Cast-iron alloys.