IPC 2013 : D05B : SEWING (appliances for the tailoring trade A41H; sewing tables A47B 29/00; sewing in bookbinding B42B 2/00; sewing machines modified for knitting D04B 39/08).
> SEWING (appliances for the tailoring trade A41H; sewing tables A47B 29/00; sewing in bookbinding B42B 2/00; sewing machines modified for knitting D04B 39/08)
Notes[t] D01 - D07: TEXTILES OR FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- In this subclass, the groups designating sewing apparatus or machines cover also sewing processes dependent on their use, and the thread seams produced thereby.
General types of sewing apparatus or machines without mechanism for lateral movement of the needle or the work or both.
D05B 3/00 Sewing apparatus or machines with mechanism for lateral movement of the needle or the work or both for making ornamental pattern seams, for sewing buttonholes, for reinforcing openings, or for fastening articles, e.g. buttons, by sewing
(programme-controlled sewing machines D05B 19/00
; with devices for automatically controlling movement of work-carrier D05B 21/00
Notes[g] D05B 3/00 - D05B 23/00: Special-purpose or automatic sewing apparatus or machines
D05B 5/00 Sewing machines for temporarily connecting articles, e.g. pairs of socks.
Linking machines, e.g. for joining knitted fabrics.
D05B 9/00 Hem-stitch sewing machines.
D05B 11/00 Machines for sewing quilts or mattresses
(control of workpiece-holding frames, or of sewing machines, in order to obtain particular seam configuration D05B 21/00
- D05B 13/02 for closing filled bags or sacks (combined with bag- or sack-filling apparatus B65B). [+3 patents]
D05B 17/00 Sewing machines for concurrently making thread and welded seams
(for making non-welded fluid-tight seams D05B 1/26
D05B 19/00 Programme-controlled sewing machines
(with devices for automatically controlling movement of work-carrier D05B 21/00
; devices for stopping drive when sewing tools have reached a predetermined position D05B 69/22
- D05B 19/02 Sewing machines having electronic memory or micro-processor control unit. [+1 patents]
- D05B 19/04 characterised by memory aspects.
- D05B 19/06 Physical exchange of memory.
Sewing machines with devices for automatically controlling movement of work-carrier relative to stitch-forming mechanism in order to obtain particular configuration of seam, e.g. programme-controlled for sewing collars, for attaching pockets.
D05B 23/00 Sewing apparatus or machines not otherwise provided for
(for making zip closures A44B 19/00
Sewing units consisting of combinations of several sewing machines.
Work-feeding means for sewing machines.
Notes[g] D05B 27/00 - D05B 41/00: Sewing-machine elements for feeding, positioning, handling, or treating the work
- D05B 27/02 with feed dogs having horizontal and vertical movements. [+6 patents]
- D05B 27/04 arranged above the workpieces. [+11 patents]
- D05B 27/06 arranged above and below the workpieces. [+2 patents]
- D05B 29/02 Presser-control devices. [+10 patents]
- D05B 29/04 Pressers in machines for sewing leather.
- D05B 29/06 Presser feet.
Workpiece holders or hold-downs in machines for sewing leather.
Devices incorporated in sewing machines for supplying or removing the work.
- D05B 33/02 and connected, for synchronous operation, with the work-feeding devices of the sewing machine. [+8 patents]
Work-feeding or work-handling elements for sewing machines, not otherwise provided for.
- D05B 35/02 for facilitating seaming; Hem-turning elements; Hemmers. [+13 patents]
- D05B 35/04 with movable tools.
- D05B 35/06 for attaching bands, ribbons, strips, or tapes or for binding. [+31 patents]
D05B 37/00 Devices incorporated in sewing machines for slitting, grooving, or cutting
(severing sewing-threads D05B 65/00
- D05B 37/02 Slitting or grooving devices.
- D05B 37/04 Cutting devices. [+9 patents]
- D05B 37/06 with oscillating tools. [+1 patents]
D05B 39/00 Workpiece carriers for sewing machines
(for automatically controlling movement of work-carrier to obtain particular configuration of seam D05B 21/00
; in general A41H 15/00
Work-collecting devices for sewing machines.
Spool-pin assemblies incorporated in sewing machines.
Notes[g] D05B 43/00 - D05B 67/00: Sewing-machine elements for supplying, handling, or treating thread material
D05B 45/00 Applications of measuring devices for determining the length of threads used in sewing machines
(measuring devices in embroidery machines D05C
, in general G01B
Needle-thread tensioning devices for sewing machines; Applications of tensometers in sewing machines.
- D05B 47/02 Manually-controlled tensioning devices. [+1 patents]
- D05B 47/04 Automatically-controlled tensioning devices. [+1 patents]
- D05B 47/06 Applications of tensometers (application of tension indicators in handling thin or filamentary material B65H 59/40; for embroidery machines D05C 11/08; tensometers in general G01L).
Take-up devices, e.g. levers, for the needle thread of sewing machines.
- D05B 49/02 operated by cams or linkages. [+5 patents]
- D05B 49/04 rotary.
- D05B 49/06 for machines for sewing leather.
D05B 51/00 Applications of needle-thread guards in sewing machines; Thread-break detectors for sewing machines
(for embroidery machines D05C 11/00
Thread- or cord-laying mechanisms for sewing machines; Thread fingers for sewing machines.
D05B 55/00 Needle holders for sewing machines; Needle bars for sewing machines
(needles D05B 85/00
- D05B 55/02 Devices for fastening needles to needle bars. [+1 patents]
- D05B 55/04 Devices for inserting needles.
- D05B 55/06 Needle guides; Needle protectors (finger-protecting devices D05B 83/00).
Loop takers, e.g. loopers, for sewing machines.
- D05B 57/02 for chain-stitch sewing machines, e.g. oscillating. [+4 patents]
- D05B 57/04 rotary.
- D05B 57/06 for overedge-stitch sewing machines. [+1 patents]
Applications of bobbin-winding or -changing devices in sewing machines; Indicating or control devices associated therewith.
- D05B 59/02 Devices for determining or indicating the length of thread still on the bobbin. [+1 patents]
- D05B 59/04 Devices for changing the bobbin. [+4 patents]
Loop holders; Loop spreaders for sewing machines; Stitch-forming fingers for sewing machines.
Devices associated with the loop-taker thread of sewing machines, e.g. for tensioning.
- D05B 63/02 Loop-taker thread take-up levers.
- D05B 63/04 Loop-taker thread guards. [+1 patents]
Devices for severing the needle or lower thread in sewing machines.
- D05B 65/02 controlled by the sewing mechanisms. [+3 patents]
- D05B 65/04 controlled by the workpieces.
- D05B 65/06 and for disposing of the severed thread end.
Devices incorporated in sewing machines for lubricating, waxing, or colouring the threads.
Driving-gear or control devices for sewing machines.
Notes[g] D05B 69/00 - D05B 71/00: Driving-gear, control, lubricating, or cooling devices for sewing machines
- D05B 69/02 Mechanical drives.
- D05B 69/04 Manual drives.
- D05B 69/06 Pedal drives. [+1 patents]
Lubricating or cooling devices for sewing machines.
- D05B 71/02 Loop-taker lubricating devices.
- D05B 71/04 Needle cooling devices. [+1 patents]
Notes[g] D05B 73/00 - D05B 83/00: Casings, supports, covers, or accessories for sewing machines; Sewing machines combined with auxiliary devices serving purposes other than sewing
- D05B 73/02 Upper casings.
- D05B 73/04 Lower casings.
- D05B 73/06 for free-arm sewing machines. [+2 patents]
D05B 75/00 Frames, stands, tables, or other furniture adapted to carry sewing machines
(furniture aspects A47B
- D05B 75/02 for drop-head sewing machines. [+4 patents]
- D05B 75/04 with noise-suppressing devices.
- D05B 75/06 Arrangements, e.g. hinges, for mounting sewing-machine casings to frames, stands, or tables. [+2 patents]
Covers, or portable enclosures, for sewing machines.
Incorporations or adaptations of lighting equipment for sewing machines.
Sewing machines incorporating devices serving purposes other than sewing, e.g. for blowing air, for grinding.
D05B 83/00 Guards or like devices for preventing injury to operator of sewing machines
(machine safety devices in general F16P
Notes[g] D05B 85/00 - D05B 89/00: Needles; Needle threaders; Seam-ripping devices
- D05B 85/02 with slotted eyes. [+1 patents]
- D05B 85/04 Spring or bearded needles. [+1 patents]
- D05B 85/06 Curved needles.
- D05B 87/02 with mechanical means for moving thread through needle eye. [+7 patents]
- D05B 87/04 with optical devices to assist threading.
D05B 89/00 Seam-ripping devices.
Notes[g] D05B 91/00 - D05B 97/00: Hand sewing
- D05B 91/02 Bodkins.
- D05B 91/04 Thimbles; Finger shields; Palm protectors. [+2 patents]
- D05B 91/06 Work holders or supports.
Stitches; Stitch seams for hand sewing.
- D05B 93/02 strengthened by auxiliary elements, e.g. rivets, staples. [+1 patents]
Preparatory or finishing operations in connection with hand sewing.
- D05B 95/04 Softening material prior to sewing.
- D05B 95/06 Flattening, pounding, or pressing stitched seams (in shoemaking A43D 8/44).
Hand sewing processes or apparatus for special work or not otherwise provided for.
- D05B 97/02 Hand-guided apparatus. [+2 patents]
- D05B 97/04 for darning.
- D05B 97/06 using apparatus with latch or bearded needles.