IPC 2013 : G01K : MEASURING TEMPERATURE; MEASURING QUANTITY OF HEAT; THERMALLY-SENSITIVE ELEMENTS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR (radiation pyrometry G01J 5/00).
> MEASURING TEMPERATURE; MEASURING QUANTITY OF HEAT; THERMALLY-SENSITIVE ELEMENTS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR (radiation pyrometry G01J 5/00)
Notes[t] G01 - G12: INSTRUMENTS
- In this subclass, the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "thermometer" includes thermally-sensitive elements not provided for in other subclasses.
- Attention is drawn to the Notes following the title of class G01 .
G01K 1/00 Details of thermometers not specially adapted for particular types of thermometer
(circuits for reducing thermal inertia G01K 7/42
- G01K 1/02 Special applications of indicating or recording means, e.g. for remote indications. [+27 patents]
- G01K 1/04 Scales. [+1 patents]
- G01K 1/06 Arrangements for facilitating reading, e.g. illumination, magnifying glass. [+2 patents]
G01K 3/00 Thermometers giving results other than momentary value of temperature
- G01K 3/02 giving mean values; giving integrated values. [+1 patents]
- G01K 3/04 in respect of time. [+21 patents]
- G01K 3/06 in respect of space. [+2 patents]
G01K 5/00 Measuring temperature based on the expansion or contraction of a material
takes precedence; giving other than momentary value of temperature G01K 3/00
- G01K 5/02 the material being a liquid (G01K 5/32 takes precedence). [+1 patents]
- G01K 5/04 Details.
- G01K 5/06 Arrangements for driving back the liquid column. [+2 patents]
G01K 7/00 Measuring temperature based on the use of electric or magnetic elements directly sensitive to heat
(giving results other than momentary value of temperature G01K 3/00
- G01K 7/01 using semiconducting elements having PN junctions (G01K 7/02, G01K 7/16, G01K 7/30 take precedence). [+8 patents]
- G01K 7/02 using thermo-electric elements, e.g. thermo-couples. [+17 patents]
- G01K 7/04 the object to be measured not forming one of the thermo-electric materials. [+3 patents]
G01K 9/00 Measuring temperature based on movements caused by redistribution of weight, e.g. tilting thermometer
(not giving momentary value of temperature G01K 3/00
- G01K 11/02 using evaporation or sublimation, e.g. by observing boiling.
- G01K 11/04 from material contained in a hollow body having parts which are deformable or displaceable under the pressure developed by the vapour. [+3 patents]
- G01K 11/06 using melting, freezing, or softening. [+30 patents]
Adaptations of thermometers for specific purposes.
- G01K 13/02 for measuring temperature of moving fluids or granular materials capable of flow. [+20 patents]
- G01K 13/04 for measuring temperature of moving solid bodies. [+2 patents]
- G01K 13/06 in linear movement. [+1 patents]
Testing or calibrating of thermometers.
- G01K 17/02 Calorimeters using transport of an indicating substance, e.g. evaporation calorimeters. [+2 patents]
- G01K 17/04 Calorimeters using compensation methods. [+3 patents]
- G01K 17/06 Measuring quantity of heat conveyed by flowing media, e.g. in heating systems (G01K 17/02, G01K 17/04 take precedence). [+11 patents]
G01K 19/00 Testing or calibrating calorimeters.