IPC 2013 : D04H : MAKING TEXTILE FABRICS, e.g. FROM FIBRES OR FILAMENTARY MATERIAL (weaving D03; knitting D04B; braiding D04C; net-making D04G; sewing D05B; tufting D05C; finishing non-woven fabrics D06 ); FABRICS MADE BY SUCH PROCESSES OR APPARATUS, e.g. FELTS, NON-WOVEN FABRICS; COTTON-WOOL; WADDING (non-woven fabrics having an intermediate or external layer of a different kind, e.g. of woven fabric, B32B).
> MAKING TEXTILE FABRICS, e.g. FROM FIBRES OR FILAMENTARY MATERIAL (weaving D03; knitting D04B; braiding D04C; net-making D04G; sewing D05B; tufting D05C; finishing non-woven fabrics D06 ); FABRICS MADE BY SUCH PROCESSES OR APPARATUS, e.g. FELTS, NON-WOVEN FABRICS; COTTON-WOOL; WADDING (non-woven fabrics having an intermediate or external layer of a different kind, e.g. of woven fabric, B32B)
Notes[t] D01 - D07: TEXTILES OR FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- In this subclass, the following expression is used with the meaning indicated:
- "non-woven fabrics" means fabrics formed wholly or partly of textile material by processes comprising operations other than the weaving, knitting, braiding, lacing, or knotting of yarns, threads, or filaments for which provision is made in other subclasses of section D. This expression includes felts, cotton-wool and wadding.
- In this subclass:
- some of the non-woven fabrics can also be regarded as "layered products" within the meaning of subclass B32B, and further classification in that subclass should be considered in accordance with the notes thereto;
- in cases where the making of non-woven fabrics involves the use of particular chemical compounds or compositions, e.g. for treating or bonding fibres, filaments, or yarns, further classification in other appropriate subclasses should also be considered.
- By varying the proportions of fibres or threads, and the chemical compounds or compositions, the final products may be given the appearance of paper, cardboard, leather, or the like.
Non-woven fabrics formed wholly or mainly of staple fibres or like relatively short fibres.
Notes[g] D04H 1/00 - D04H 13/00: Kinds or types of non-woven fabrics; Apparatus or processes for making such products
- D04H 1/02 Cotton wool; Wadding. [+21 patents]
- D04H 1/04 from fleeces or layers composed of fibres having existing or potential cohesive properties, e.g. natural fibres, prestretched or fibrillated artificial fibres (felting apparatus D04H 17/00). [+12 patents]
- D04H 1/06 by treatment to produce shrinking, swelling, crimping or curling of fibres. [+7 patents]
Non woven fabrics formed wholly or mainly of yarns or like filamentary material of substantial length.
Non woven fabrics formed of mixtures of relatively short fibres and yarns or like filamentary material of substantial length.
- D04H 5/02 strengthened or consolidated by mechanical methods, e.g. needling (needling machines D04H 18/00). [+21 patents]
- D04H 5/03 by fluid jet. [+5 patents]
- D04H 5/04 strengthened or consolidated by applying or incorporating chemical or thermo-activatable bonding agents in solid or liquid form. [+5 patents]
D04H 11/00 Non-woven pile fabrics
(layered products forming non-woven pile fabrics B32B
- D04H 11/04 formed by zig-zag folding of a fleece or layer of staple fibres, filaments, or yarns, strengthened or consolidated at the folds. [+9 patents]
- D04H 11/08 formed by creation of a pile on at least one surface of a non-woven fabric without addition of pile-forming material, e.g. by needling, by differential shrinking (needling machines D04H 18/00). [+31 patents]
- D04H 13/02 Production of non-woven fabrics by partial defibrillating of oriented thermoplastics films. [+5 patents]
- D04H 17/10 for felting between rollers, e.g. heated rollers. [+1 patents]
- D04H 17/12 Multi-roller apparatus.