IPC 2013 : A62D : CHEMICAL MEANS FOR EXTINGUISHING FIRES; PROCESSES FOR MAKING HARMFUL CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES HARMLESS, OR LESS HARMFUL, BY EFFECTING A CHEMICAL CHANGE; COMPOSITION OF MATERIALS FOR COVERINGS OR CLOTHING FOR PROTECTING AGAINST HARMFUL CHEMICAL AGENTS; COMPOSITION OF MATERIALS FOR TRANSPARENT PARTS OF GAS-MASKS, RESPIRATORS, BREATHING BAGS OR HELMETS; COMPOSITION OF CHEMICAL MATERIALS FOR USE IN BREATHING APPARATUS.
> CHEMICAL MEANS FOR EXTINGUISHING FIRES; PROCESSES FOR MAKING HARMFUL CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES HARMLESS, OR LESS HARMFUL, BY EFFECTING A CHEMICAL CHANGE; COMPOSITION OF MATERIALS FOR COVERINGS OR CLOTHING FOR PROTECTING AGAINST HARMFUL CHEMICAL AGENTS; COMPOSITION OF MATERIALS FOR TRANSPARENT PARTS OF GAS-MASKS, RESPIRATORS, BREATHING BAGS OR HELMETS; COMPOSITION OF CHEMICAL MATERIALS FOR USE IN BREATHING APPARATUS
Notes[t] A61 - A63: HEALTH; LIFE-SAVING; AMUSEMENT
Fire-extinguishing compositions; Use of chemical substances in extinguishing fires.
- A62D 1/02 containing or yielding a gas phase, e.g. foams (A62D 1/06, A62D 1/08 take precedence). [+11 patents]
- A62D 1/04 characterised by the foam stabiliser. [+2 patents]
- A62D 1/06 containing gas-producing, chemically-reactive components. [+5 patents]
A62D 3/00 Processes for making harmful chemical substances harmless, or less harmful, by effecting a chemical change in the substances
(devices for rendering harmful chemical agents harmless A62B 29/00
; consuming noxious gases by combustion F23G 7/06
- This group does not cover :
- chemical or physico-chemical type processes where eradicating or diminishing the dangerousness of harmful chemical substances produces useful products, e.g. cement. These types of processes are covered by the appropriate subclass for making the specific product. However, in situations where processes for making products include a subset of process steps with eradicating or diminishing the dangerousness of a harmful chemical substance as its fundamental goal, and this subset is in itself novel and unobvious, this subset is covered by group A62D 3/00 .
- In this group the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "harmful chemical substances" are chemical waste substances which are too hazardous or toxic to be discarded in an ordinary municipal landfill.
- In this group, at each hierarchical level, in the absence of an indication to the contrary, classification is made in the first appropriate place.
- In this group, it is desirable to add the indexing code(s) of group A62D 101/00 relating to the nature of the harmful chemical substance.
- A62D 3/02 by biological methods, i.e. processes using enzymes or micro-organisms. [+2 patents]
- A62D 3/10 by subjecting to electric or wave energy or particle or ionizing radiation.
- A62D 3/11 Electrochemical processes, e.g. electrodialysis. [+1 patents]
Composition of materials for coverings or clothing affording protection against harmful chemical agents.
Composition of materials for transparent parts of gas-masks, respirators, breathing bags, or helmets.
- A62D 7/02 Clear-view sheets which prevent the formation of water drops or ice. [+1 patents]
Composition of chemical substances for use in breathing apparatus.
Harmful chemical substances made harmless, or less harmful, by effecting chemical change.
A62D 101/00: Indexing scheme associated with group A62D 3/00
relating to the nature of the harmful chemical substances
- A62D 101/02 Chemical warfare substances, e.g. cholinesterase inhibitors.
- A62D 101/04 Pesticides, e.g. insecticides, herbicides, fungicides or nematicides.
- A62D 101/06 Explosives, propellants or pyrotechnics, e.g. rocket fuel or napalm.