IPC 2013 : D04 : BRAIDING; LACE-MAKING; KNITTING; TRIMMINGS; NON-WOVEN FABRICS.IPC2013 > D > D04[c] > BRAIDING; LACE-MAKING; KNITTING; TRIMMINGS; NON-WOVEN FABRICS.
Notes[t] D01 - D07: TEXTILES OR FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- In this subclass, groups designating machines, apparatus, devices, or implements include processes characterised by, or dependent on, their use, and the products of such processes.
- Knitted products, i.e. fabrics, articles, are classified in this subclass only if they have constructional features which are of interest from the knitting aspect.
D04C BRAIDING OR MANUFACTURE OF LACE, INCLUDING BOBBIN-NET OR CARBONISED LACE; BRAIDING MACHINES; BRAID; LACE (machines for making soles from strips of material A43D 29/00; cane working B27J 1/00).
D04D TRIMMINGS; RIBBONS, TAPES, OR BANDS, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR (fittings or trimmings for hats, e.g. hat bands, A42C 5/00; decorating art B44; yarns or threads D02G; weaving D03; braid or lace D04C; non-woven fabrics D04H).
- In this subclass, the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "trimmings" means decorative or ornamental articles made wholly or partly of textile or analogous material, or strips of textile or analogous material intended to be used for decorative or ornamental purposes, not otherwise provided for.
D04G MAKING NETS BY KNOTTING OF FILAMENTARY MATERIAL; MAKING KNOTTED CARPETS OR TAPESTRIES; KNOTTING NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR (binding knotters for harvesters A01D 59/04; wire netting B21F; tying articles by knotting B65B; knotting in association with winding or unwinding B65H 69/00; knotting in weaving D03J; making nets, carpets, or tapestries by other techniques, see the relevant subclasses).
D04H MAKING TEXTILE FABRICS, e.g. FROM FIBRES OR FILAMENTARY MATERIAL (weaving D03; knitting D04B; braiding D04C; net-making D04G; sewing D05B; tufting D05C; finishing non-woven fabrics D06 ); FABRICS MADE BY SUCH PROCESSES OR APPARATUS, e.g. FELTS, NON-WOVEN FABRICS; COTTON-WOOL; WADDING (non-woven fabrics having an intermediate or external layer of a different kind, e.g. of woven fabric, B32B).
- In this subclass, the following expression is used with the meaning indicated:
- "non-woven fabrics" means fabrics formed wholly or partly of textile material by processes comprising operations other than the weaving, knitting, braiding, lacing, or knotting of yarns, threads, or filaments for which provision is made in other subclasses of section D. This expression includes felts, cotton-wool and wadding.
- In this subclass:
- some of the non-woven fabrics can also be regarded as "layered products" within the meaning of subclass B32B, and further classification in that subclass should be considered in accordance with the notes thereto;
- in cases where the making of non-woven fabrics involves the use of particular chemical compounds or compositions, e.g. for treating or bonding fibres, filaments, or yarns, further classification in other appropriate subclasses should also be considered.
- By varying the proportions of fibres or threads, and the chemical compounds or compositions, the final products may be given the appearance of paper, cardboard, leather, or the like.