IPC 2013 : B03 : SEPARATION OF SOLID MATERIALS USING LIQUIDS OR USING PNEUMATIC TABLES OR JIGS; MAGNETIC OR ELECTROSTATIC SEPARATION OF SOLID MATERIALS FROM SOLID MATERIALS OR FLUIDS; SEPARATION BY HIGH-VOLTAGE ELECTRIC FIELDS.IPC2013 > B > B03[c] > SEPARATION OF SOLID MATERIALS USING LIQUIDS OR USING PNEUMATIC TABLES OR JIGS; MAGNETIC OR ELECTROSTATIC SEPARATION OF SOLID MATERIALS FROM SOLID MATERIALS OR FLUIDS; SEPARATION BY HIGH-VOLTAGE ELECTRIC FIELDS.
Notes[t] B01 - B09: SEPARATING; MIXING
Notes[n] B01 - B07:
- The following notes are meant to assist in the use of this part of the classification scheme; they must not be read as modifying in any way the elaborations.
- In this sub-section, the separation of different materials, e.g. of different matter, size, or state, is predominantly found in the following subclasses:
- The classifying characteristics of these subclasses are:
- the physical state of the matter to be separated;
- the principle of the process used;
- particular kinds of apparatus.
- liquid/liquid or liquid/gas and gas/gas;
- solid/liquid or solid/gas;
- These subclasses are to be used according to the following general rules:
- B01D is the most general class as far as separation other than solids from solids is concerned.
- Apparatus for separating solids from solids are covered by B03B when the process concerned is regarded as the equivalent of "washing" in the sense of the mining art, even if such apparatus is a pneumatic one, especially pneumatic tables or jigs. Screens per se are not covered by this subclass but are classified in B07B, even if they are being used in a wet process. All other apparatus for the separation of solids from solids according to dry methods are classified in B07B .
- If the separation takes place as a result of the detection or measurement of some feature of the material or articles to be sorted it is classified in B07C .
- It should also be noted that the separation of isotopes of the same chemical element is covered by B01D 59/00, whatever process or apparatus is employed.
B03B SEPARATING SOLID MATERIALS USING LIQUIDS OR USING PNEUMATIC TABLES OR JIGS (removing fluids from solids B01D; magnetic or electrostatic separation of solid materials from solid materials or fluids, separation by high voltage electric fields B03C; flotation, differential sedimentation B03D; separating by dry methods B07; screening or sifting B07B; by picking B07C; separating peculiar to particular materials and provided for in other single classes, see the relevant classes).
B03C MAGNETIC OR ELECTROSTATIC SEPARATION OF SOLID MATERIALS FROM SOLID MATERIALS OR FLUIDS; SEPARATION BY HIGH-VOLTAGE ELECTRIC FIELDS (filters making use of electricity or magnetism B01D 35/06; separating isotopes B01D 59/00; combinations of magnetic or electrostatic separation with separation of solids by other means B03B, B07B; separating sheets from piles B65H 3/00; magnets or magnet coils per se H01F).