IPC 2013 : E : SECTION E — FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS.IPC2013 > E[s] > SECTION E — FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS.
E01 CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS, RAILWAYS, OR BRIDGES.
Notes[t] E01 - E06: BUILDING
E02 HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING; FOUNDATIONS; SOIL-SHIFTING.
E03 WATER SUPPLY; SEWERAGE.
E05 LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES.
- In this class, the following terms are used with the meanings indicated:
- "wing" is a general term for swingable, slidable, or otherwise movable doors or windows. This term also includes other movable structures such as drawers, lids of chests, car boots, or car bonnets, to which the operating, mounting, latching, or locking means covered by this class may be applied;
- "frame" means any member to which a wing may be held by a fastening device. It does not include a framework forming part of the wing, but it may be another wing;
- "lock" means primarily a device for releasing or securing any member, which requires a key or a permutation mechanism for release. In groups E05B 1/00 - E05B 9/00, E05B 13/00 - E05B 17/00, E05B 39/00 - E05B 47/00, E05B 51/00, E05B 53/00, E05B 63/00 and E05B 65/00 however, the term "lock" may include other fastening devices;
- "bolt" means a sliding, pivoted, or otherwise movable member such as is normally carried by a door to hold it shut by engagement with a keeper on the frame. It may be operated by hand directly or through mechanism or by a key; it may be a latch ( see below);
- "latch" means a bolt arranged to be moved to the releasing position against the force of a spring, or some other returning force, when a wing meets the frame on closing, so that it does not have to be operated by hand to secure the wing, but only to open it;
- "hasp" means a member hinged to the frame or wing so that it can be moved towards the face of the wing or frame and secured thereto, e.g. by a turn-button, by a padlock and staple.
E06 DOORS, WINDOWS, SHUTTERS, OR ROLLER BLINDS, IN GENERAL; LADDERS.
E21 EARTH OR ROCK DRILLING; MINING.
Notes[t] E21: EARTH OR ROCK DRILLING; MINING
E99 SUBJECT MATTER NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR IN THIS SECTION.