IPC 2013 : A61K : PREPARATIONS FOR MEDICAL, DENTAL, OR TOILET PURPOSES (devices or methods specially adapted for bringing pharmaceutical products into particular physical or administering forms A61J 3/00; chemical aspects of, or use of materials for deodorisation of air, for disinfection or sterilisation, or for bandages, dressings, absorbent pads or surgical articles A61L; soap compositions C11D).
> PREPARATIONS FOR MEDICAL, DENTAL, OR TOILET PURPOSES (devices or methods specially adapted for bringing pharmaceutical products into particular physical or administering forms A61J 3/00; chemical aspects of, or use of materials for deodorisation of air, for disinfection or sterilisation, or for bandages, dressings, absorbent pads or surgical articles A61L; soap compositions C11D)
Notes[t] A61 - A63: HEALTH; LIFE-SAVING; AMUSEMENT
- This subclass covers the following subject matter, whether set forth as a composition (mixture), process of preparing the composition or process of treating using the composition:
- Drug or other biological compositions which are capable of:
- preventing, alleviating, treating or curing abnormal or pathological conditions of the living body by such means as destroying a parasitic organism, or limiting the effect of the disease or abnormality by chemically altering the physiology of the host or parasite (biocides A01N 25/00 - A01N 65/00 );
- maintaining, increasing, decreasing, limiting, or destroying a physiological body function, e.g. vitamin compositions, sex sterilants, fertility inhibitors, growth promotors, or the like (sex sterilants for invertebrates, e.g. insects, A01N; plant growth regulators A01N 25/00 - A01N 65/00 );
- diagnosing a physiological condition or state by an in vivo test, e.g. X-ray contrast or skin patch test compositions (measuring or testing processes involving enzymes or micro-organisms C12Q; in vitro testing of biological material, e.g. blood, urine, G01N, e.g. G01N 33/48 );
- Body treating compositions generally intended for deodorising, protecting, adorning or grooming a body, e.g. cosmetics, dentifrices, tooth filling materials.
- Attention is drawn to the definitions of groups of chemical elements following the title of section C .
- Attention is drawn to the notes in class C07, for example the notes following the title of the subclass C07D, setting forth the rules for classifying organic compounds in that class, which rules are also applicable, if not otherwise indicated, to the classification of organic compounds in A61K .
- In this subclass, with the exception of group A61K 8/00, in the absence of an indication to the contrary, classification is made in the last appropriate place.
- Therapeutic activity of medicinal preparations is further classified in subclass A61P .
- A61K 6/02 Use of preparations for artificial teeth, for filling or for capping teeth. [+30 patents]
- A61K 6/027 Use of non-metallic elements or compounds thereof, e.g. carbon. [+16 patents]
- A61K 6/033 Phosphorus compounds, e.g. apatite. [+32 patents]
Cosmetics or similar toilet preparations.
- Use of cosmetics or similar toilet preparations is further classified in subclass A61Q .
- A61K 8/02 characterised by special physical form. [+133 patents]
- A61K 8/03 Liquid compositions with two or more distinct layers. [+7 patents]
- A61K 8/04 Dispersions; Emulsions. [+95 patents]
Medicinal preparations characterised by special physical form.
Medicinal preparations containing organic active ingredients.
A61K 31/00 - A61K 47/00:
- A composition, i.e. a mixture of two or more components, is classified in the last of groups A61K 31/00 - A61K 47/00 that provides for at least one of these components. The components may be single compounds or other single ingredients.
- Any part of a composition which is not identified by the classification according to Note (1), and which itself is determined to be novel and non-obvious, must also be classified in the last appropriate place in groups A61K 31/00 - A61K 47/00 . The part can be either a single component or a composition in itself.
- Any part of a composition which is not identified by the classification according to Note (1) or (2), and which is considered to represent information of interest for search, may also be classified in the last appropriate place in groups A61K 31/00 - A61K 47/00 . This can for example be the case when it is considered of interest to enable searching of compositions using a combination of classification symbols. Such non-obligatory classification should be given as "additional information".
- Organic active compounds forming salts or complexes with heavy metals are not classified in groups A61K 31/28, A61K 31/555 or A61K 31/7135, unless explicit indication to the contrary is made, e.g. hemin A61K 31/555 .
- In this group, the expressions "containing further heterocyclic rings" and "condensed with heterocyclic rings" also cover compounds having two or more identical heterocyclic rings.
Medicinal preparations containing inorganic active ingredients.
- A61K 33/02 Ammonia; Compounds thereof. [+6 patents]
- A61K 33/04 Sulfur, selenium or tellurium; Compounds thereof. [+65 patents]
- A61K 33/06 Aluminium, calcium or magnesium; Compounds thereof. [+111 patents]
Medicinal preparations containing material or reaction products thereof with undetermined constitution.
- When classifying in this group, classification is also made in group B01D 15/08 insofar as subject matter of general interest relating to chromatography is concerned.
- A61K 35/02 from inanimate materials. [+13 patents]
- A61K 35/04 Tars; Bitumens; Mineral oils; Ammonium bituminosulfonate, e.g. Ichthyol ®. [+9 patents]
- A61K 35/06 Mineral oils. [+1 patents]
Medicinal preparations of undetermined constitution containing material from algae, lichens, fungi or plants, or derivatives thereof, e.g. traditional herbal medicines.
- In this group, common names of plants, where given, are presented in brackets following their corresponding Latin names.
- In this group, it is desirable to add the indexing codes A61K 125/00 - A61K 135/00 .
- A61K 36/02 Algae. [+14 patents]
- A61K 36/03 Phaeophycota or phaeophyta (brown algae), e.g. Fucus. [+6 patents]
- A61K 36/04 Rhodophycota or rhodophyta (red algae), e.g. Porphyra. [+3 patents]
A61K 38/00 Medicinal preparations containing peptides
(peptides containing beta-lactam rings A61K 31/00
; cyclic dipeptides not having in their molecule any other peptide link than those which form their ring, e.g. piperazine-2,5-diones, A61K 31/00
; ergoline-based peptides A61K 31/48
; containing macromolecular compounds having statistically distributed amino acid units A61K 31/74
; medicinal preparations containing antigens or antibodies A61K 39/00
; medicinal preparations characterised by the non-active ingredients, e.g. peptides as drug carriers, A61K 47/00
- The terms or expressions used in this group follow exactly the definitions given in Note (1) following the title of subclass C07K .
- Preparations containing fragments of peptides or peptides modified by removal or addition of amino acids, by substitution of amino acids by others, or by combination of these modifications are classified as the preparations containing parent peptides. However, preparations containing fragments of peptides having only four or less amino acids are also classified in groups A61K 38/05 - A61K 38/07 .
- Preparations containing peptides prepared by recombinant DNA technology are not classified according to the host, but according to the original peptide expressed, e.g. preparations containing HIV peptide expressed in E. coli are classified with the preparations containing HIV peptides.
- A61K 38/01 Hydrolysed proteins; Derivatives thereof. [+45 patents]
- A61K 38/02 Peptides of undefined number of amino acids; Derivatives thereof. [+57 patents]
- A61K 38/03 Peptides having up to 20 amino acids in an undefined or only partially defined sequence; Derivatives thereof. [+33 patents]
A61K 39/00 Medicinal preparations containing antigens or antibodies
(materials for immunoassay G01N 33/53
- Preparation of antigen or antibody compositions is also classified in subclass C12N, if the step of cultivating the micro-organism is of interest.
- Groups A61K 39/002 - A61K 39/12 cover preparations containing protozoa, bacteria, viruses, or subunits thereof, e.g. membrane parts.
A61K 41/00 Medicinal preparations obtained by treating materials with wave energy or particle radiation
- A61K 45/06 Mixtures of active ingredients without chemical characterisation, e.g. antiphlogistics and cardiaca. [+959 patents]
- A61K 45/08 Mixtures of an active ingredient and an auxiliary substance neither being chemically characterised, e.g. antihistaminicum and surface active substance. [+21 patents]
Medicinal preparations characterised by the non-active ingredients used, e.g. carriers, inert additives.
Medicinal preparations containing genetic material which is inserted into cells of the living body to treat genetic diseases; Gene therapy.
- A61K 49/04 X-ray contrast preparations. [+136 patents]
- A61K 49/06 Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) contrast preparations; Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast preparations. [+20 patents]
- A61K 49/08 characterised by the carrier. [+6 patents]
A61K 50/00 Electrically conductive preparations for use in therapy or testing in vivo , e.g. conductive adhesives or gels to be used with electrodes for electrocardiography (ECG) or for transcutaneous drug administration.
Preparations containing radioactive substances for use in therapy or testing in vivo
A61K 101/00 - A61K 103/00: Indexing scheme associated with group A61K 51/00
, relating to the nature of the radioactive substance.
Containing or obtained from roots, bulbs, tubers, corms or rhizomes.
A61K 125/00 - A61K 135/00: Indexing scheme associated with group A61K 36/00
, relating to plant parts with medicinal activity.
Containing or obtained from seeds, nuts, fruits or grains.
Containing or obtained from flowers or blossoms.
A61K 135/00 Containing or obtained from stems, stalks, branches, twigs or shoots.