IPC 2013 : G01N : INVESTIGATING OR ANALYSING MATERIALS BY DETERMINING THEIR CHEMICAL OR PHYSICAL PROPERTIES (measuring or testing processes other than immunoassay, involving enzymes or micro-organisms C12M, C12Q).
> INVESTIGATING OR ANALYSING MATERIALS BY DETERMINING THEIR CHEMICAL OR PHYSICAL PROPERTIES (measuring or testing processes other than immunoassay, involving enzymes or micro-organisms C12M, C12Q)
Notes[t] G01 - G12: INSTRUMENTS
- In this subclass, the following terms are used with the meanings indicated:
- "investigating" means testing or determining;
- "materials" includes solid, liquid or gaseous media, e.g. the atmosphere.
- Attention is drawn to the Notes following the title of class G01 .
- Investigating the properties of materials, specially adapted for use in processes covered by subclass B23K, is classified in group B23K 31/12 .
G01N 1/00 Sampling; Preparing specimens for investigation
(handling materials for automatic analysis G01N 35/00
- G01N 1/02 Devices for withdrawing samples. [+30 patents]
- G01N 1/04 in the solid state, e.g. by cutting. [+19 patents]
- G01N 1/06 providing a thin slice, e.g. microtome. [+15 patents]
Investigating strength properties of solid materials by application of mechanical stress.
- This group covers the stressing of materials not only below but also beyond the elastic limit, e.g. until breaking occurs.
G01N 5/00 Analysing materials by weighing, e.g. weighing small particles separated from a gas or liquid
- G01N 5/02 by absorbing or adsorbing components of a material and determining change of weight of the adsorbent, e.g. determining moisture content. [+14 patents]
- G01N 5/04 by removing a component, e.g. by evaporation, and weighing the remainder. [+9 patents]
Analysing materials by measuring the pressure or volume of a gas or vapour.
- G01N 7/02 by absorption, adsorption, or combustion of components and measurement of the change in pressure or volume of the remainder. [+3 patents]
- G01N 7/04 by absorption or adsorption alone. [+1 patents]
- G01N 7/06 by combustion alone.
Investigating density or specific gravity of materials; Analysing materials by determining density or specific gravity.
- G01N 9/02 by measuring weight of a known volume. [+11 patents]
- G01N 9/04 of fluids. [+5 patents]
- G01N 9/06 with continuous circulation through a pivotally-supported member. [+3 patents]
Investigating flow properties of materials, e.g. viscosity, plasticity; Analysing materials by determining flow properties.
- G01N 11/02 by measuring flow of the material. [+10 patents]
- G01N 11/04 through a restricted passage, e.g. tube, aperture. [+8 patents]
- G01N 11/06 by timing the outflow of a known quantity. [+3 patents]
G01N 13/00 Investigating surface or boundary effects, e.g. wetting power; Investigating diffusion effects; Analysing materials by determining surface, boundary, or diffusion effects
(scanning-probe techniques or apparatus G01Q
- G01N 13/02 Investigating surface tension of liquids. [+17 patents]
- G01N 13/04 Investigating osmotic effects. [+3 patents]
G01N 15/00 Investigating characteristics of particles; Investigating permeability, pore-volume or surface-area of porous materials
(identification of micro-organisms C12Q
Investigating resistance of materials to the weather, to corrosion, or to light.
- G01N 17/02 Electrochemical measuring systems for weathering, corrosion or corrosion-protection measurement (G01N 17/04 takes precedence). [+26 patents]
- G01N 17/04 Corrosion probes. [+8 patents]
- G01N 19/02 Measuring coefficient of friction between materials. [+20 patents]
- G01N 19/04 Measuring adhesive force between materials, e.g. of sealing tape, of coating. [+15 patents]
- G01N 19/06 Investigating by removing material, e.g. spark-testing.
G01N 21/00 Investigating or analysing materials by the use of optical means, i.e. using infra-red, visible, or ultra-violet light
- G01N 19/00
- This group does not cover the investigation of spectral properties of light per se , or measurements of the properties of materials where spectral properties of light are sensed and primary emphasis is placed on creating, detecting or analysing the spectrum providing that the properties of the materials to be investigated are of minor importance ( see also Note (4) after the title of class G01 ). Those subjects are covered by group G01J 3/00 .
- G01N 22/02 Investigating the presence of flaws. [+5 patents]
- G01N 22/04 Investigating moisture content. [+25 patents]
Investigating or analysing materials by the use of nuclear magnetic resonance, electron paramagnetic resonance or other spin effects.
- G01N 25/02 by investigating changes of state or changes of phase; by investigating sintering. [+6 patents]
- G01N 25/04 of melting point; of freezing point; of softening point. [+12 patents]
- G01N 25/06 Analysis by measuring change of freezing point. [+1 patents]
G01N 27/00 Investigating or analysing materials by the use of electric, electro-chemical, or magnetic means
- G01N 25/00
take precedence; measurement or testing of electric or magnetic variables or of electric or magnetic properties of materials G01R
G01N 29/00 Investigating or analysing materials by the use of ultrasonic, sonic or infrasonic waves; Visualisation of the interior of objects by transmitting ultrasonic or sonic waves through the object
- G01N 27/00
- G01N 29/02 Analysing fluids (using acoustic emission techniques G01N 29/14). [+41 patents]
- G01N 29/024 by measuring propagation velocity or propagation time of acoustic waves. [+2 patents]
- G01N 29/028 by measuring mechanical or acoustic impedance.
G01N 30/00 Investigating or analysing materials by separation into components using adsorption, absorption or similar phenomena or using ion-exchange, e.g. chromatography
- G01N 29/00
Investigating or analysing non-biological materials by the use of the chemical methods specified in the subgroups; Apparatus specially adapted for such methods.
- The observation of the progress of the reactions covered by groups G01N 31/02 - G01N 31/22 by any of the methods specified in groups G01N 3/00 - G01N 29/00, if this observation is of major importance, is classified in the relevant group covering the method.
Automatic analysis not limited to methods or materials provided for in any single one of groups G01N 1/00
- G01N 33/00
; Handling materials therefor.
- G01N 35/02 using a plurality of sample containers moved by a conveyer system past one or more treatment or analysis stations. [+107 patents]
- G01N 35/04 Details of the conveyer system. [+58 patents]
- G01N 35/08 using a stream of discrete samples flowing along a tube system, e.g. flow injection analysis. [+17 patents]
Details not covered by any other group of this subclass.