IPC 2013 : F21V : FUNCTIONAL FEATURES OR DETAILS OF LIGHTING DEVICES OR SYSTEMS THEREOF; STRUCTURAL COMBINATIONS OF LIGHTING DEVICES WITH OTHER ARTICLES, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR.
> FUNCTIONAL FEATURES OR DETAILS OF LIGHTING DEVICES OR SYSTEMS THEREOF; STRUCTURAL COMBINATIONS OF LIGHTING DEVICES WITH OTHER ARTICLES, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
Notes[t] F21 - F28: LIGHTING; HEATING
- Groups F21V 1/00 - F21V 14/00 cover details of those parts involved in light emission or distribution. Groups F21V 15/00 - F21V 31/00 cover details of those parts not so involved.
- Details of non-electric lighting devices or systems are classified in groups F21V 35/00 - F21V 37/00 only if a special adaptation related to the use of a non-electric light source is of interest.
- In this subclass, it is desirable to add the indexing codes of subclasses F21W and F21Y .
- F21V 3/02 characterised by the shape. [+50 patents]
- F21V 3/04 characterised by the material; characterised by surface treatments or coatings. [+24 patents]
F21V 8/00 Use of light guides, e.g. fibre optic devices, in lighting devices or systems
(light guides per se
, structural details of arrangements with other optical elements G02B 6/00
F21V 9/00 Light filters
(coloured shades F21V 1/00
); Selection of luminescent materials for light screens (luminescent materials per se C09K 11/00
; electroluminescent light sources per se H05B 33/00
- F21V 11/02 using parallel laminae or strips, e.g. of Venetian-blind type (F21V 11/06 takes precedence). [+19 patents]
- F21V 11/04 adjustable. [+2 patents]
- F21V 11/06 using crossed laminae or strips; using lattices or honeycombs. [+11 patents]
F21V 13/00 Producing particular characteristics or distribution of the light emitted by means of a combination of elements specified in two or more of main groups F21V 1/00 - F21V 11/00
(changing the characteristics or distribution of the light emitted by adjustment of parts F21V 14/00
- F21V 13/02 Combinations of only two kinds of elements. [+6 patents]
- F21V 13/04 the elements being reflectors and refractors. [+28 patents]
- F21V 13/06 a reflector being rotatable. [+1 patents]
F21V 14/00 Changing the characteristics or distribution of the light emitted by adjustment of parts
(reflectors with provision for adjusting the curvature F21V 7/16
; light filters with provision for variation of colour or intensity F21V 9/10
; screens using iris-type diaphragms F21V 11/10
; adjustable mountings for lighting devices F21V 21/14
- F21V 15/01 Housings, e.g. material or assembling of housing parts (F21V 15/02 takes precedence). [+19 patents]
- F21V 15/015 Devices for covering joints between adjacent lighting devices; End coverings.
- F21V 15/02 Cages. [+9 patents]
F21V 17/00 Fastening of component parts of lighting devices, e.g. shades, globes, refractors, reflectors, filters, screens, grids or protective cages
(of light sources or light holders F21V 19/00
; gas-tight or water-tight arrangements F21V 31/00
F21V 19/00 Fastening of light sources or lamp holders
(fastening electric light source solely by the coupling device H01R 33/00
- F21V 19/02 with provision for adjustment, e.g. for focusing (changing the characteristics or distribution of the light emitted by adjustment of parts F21V 14/00). [+26 patents]
- F21V 19/04 with provision for changing light source, e.g. turret. [+18 patents]
- F21V 19/06 Fastening incandescent mantles or other incandescent bodies to lamp parts; Suspension devices for incandescent mantles or other incandescent bodies. [+1 patents]
- F21V 21/002 making direct electrical contact, e.g. by piercing (F21V 21/35 takes precedence). [+3 patents]
- F21V 21/005 for several lighting devices in an end-to-end arrangement, i.e. light tracks. [+10 patents]
- F21V 21/008 Suspending from a cable or suspension line. [+2 patents]
Arrangement of electric circuit elements in or on lighting devices.
- F21V 23/02 the elements being transformers or impedances. [+14 patents]
- F21V 23/04 the elements being switches (safety devices F21V 25/00). [+30 patents]
- F21V 23/06 the elements being coupling devices. [+16 patents]
F21V 25/00 Safety devices structurally associated with lighting devices
(gas-tight or water-tight arrangements F21V 31/00
- F21V 25/02 coming into action when lighting device is disturbed, dismounted, or broken. [+2 patents]
- F21V 25/04 breaking the electric circuit. [+6 patents]
- F21V 25/06 feeding a quenching fluid to the light source.
Cable-stowing arrangements structurally associated with lighting devices, e.g. reels.
F21V 29/00 Cooling or heating arrangements
(reflectors specially adapted for cooling F21V 7/20
; cooling of air-treatment systems with air-flow over lighting fixtures F24F 3/056
; lighting fixtures combined with outlets for air-treatment systems F24F 13/078
; cooling of projectors G03B 21/16
- F21V 29/02 Cooling by forcing air over or around the light source (cooling arrangements structurally associated with electric lamps H01J 61/52, H01K 1/58). [+7 patents]
Structural combinations of lighting devices with other articles, not otherwise provided for.
F21V 36/00 Arrangements of mantles or other incandescent bodies on burners
(attaching to lamp parts F21V 19/06
- F21V 36/02 in ceiling lamps.
Details of lighting devices employing combustion as light source, not otherwise provided for.
- F21V 37/02 Special adaptation for protection against draughts. [+1 patents]
Subject matter not provided for in other groups of this subclass.