IPC 2013 : A23 : FOODS OR FOODSTUFFS; THEIR TREATMENT, NOT COVERED BY OTHER CLASSES.IPC2013 > A > A23[c] > FOODS OR FOODSTUFFS; THEIR TREATMENT, NOT COVERED BY OTHER CLASSES.
Notes[t] A21 - A24: FOODSTUFFS; TOBACCO
A23B PRESERVING, e.g. BY CANNING, MEAT, FISH, EGGS, FRUIT, VEGETABLES, EDIBLE SEEDS; CHEMICAL RIPENING OF FRUIT OR VEGETABLES; THE PRESERVED, RIPENED, OR CANNED PRODUCTS.
A23C DAIRY PRODUCTS, e.g. MILK, BUTTER, CHEESE; MILK OR CHEESE SUBSTITUTES; MAKING THEREOF (obtaining protein compositions for foodstuffs A23J 1/00; preparation of peptides, e.g. of proteins, in general C07K 1/00).
- This subclass covers :
- the chemical aspects of making dairy products;
- the apparatus used for performing techniques provided for therein, e.g. for concentration, evaporation, drying, preservation, or sterilisation, unless such apparatus is specifically provided for in another subclass, e.g. A01J for treatment of milk or cream for manufacture of butter or cheese.
A23D EDIBLE OILS OR FATS, e.g. MARGARINES, SHORTENINGS, COOKING OILS (obtaining, refining, preserving C11B, C11C; hydrogenation C11C 3/12).
A23F COFFEE; TEA; THEIR SUBSTITUTES; MANUFACTURE, PREPARATION, OR INFUSION THEREOF.
A23G COCOA; COCOA PRODUCTS, e.g. CHOCOLATE; SUBSTITUTES FOR COCOA OR COCOA PRODUCTS; CONFECTIONERY; CHEWING GUM; ICE-CREAM; PREPARATION THEREOF.
- In this subclass, the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "ice-cream" includes any edible frozen or congealed semi-liquid or pasty substance, e.g. slush-ice.
- In this subclass, subject matter which cannot be completely classified in a single one of the main groups should be classified in each relevant main group.
A23J PROTEIN COMPOSITIONS FOR FOODSTUFFS; WORKING-UP PROTEINS FOR FOODSTUFFS; PHOSPHATIDE COMPOSITIONS FOR FOODSTUFFS.
A23K FEEDING-STUFFS SPECIALLY ADAPTED FOR ANIMALS; METHODS SPECIALLY ADAPTED FOR PRODUCTION THEREOF.
A23L FOODS, FOODSTUFFS, OR NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, NOT COVERED BY SUBCLASSES A21D OR A23B - A23J; THEIR PREPARATION OR TREATMENT, e.g. COOKING, MODIFICATION OF NUTRITIVE QUALITIES, PHYSICAL TREATMENT (shaping or working, not fully covered by this subclass, A23P ); PRESERVATION OF FOODS OR FOODSTUFFS, IN GENERAL (preservation of flour or dough for baking A21D).
A23N MACHINES OR APPARATUS FOR TREATING HARVESTED FRUIT, VEGETABLES, OR FLOWER BULBS IN BULK, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR; PEELING VEGETABLES OR FRUIT IN BULK; APPARATUS FOR PREPARING ANIMAL FEEDING-STUFFS (machines for cutting straw or fodder A01F 29/00; disintegrating, e.g. shredding, B02C; severing, e.g. cutting, splitting, slicing, B26B, B26D).
A23P SHAPING OR WORKING OF FOODSTUFFS, NOT FULLY COVERED BY A SINGLE OTHER SUBCLASS (shaping substances in a plastic state in general B29C).