IPC 2013 : G09 : EDUCATING; CRYPTOGRAPHY; DISPLAY; ADVERTISING; SEALS.IPC2013 > G > G09[c] > EDUCATING; CRYPTOGRAPHY; DISPLAY; ADVERTISING; SEALS.
Notes[t] G01 - G12: INSTRUMENTS
G09B EDUCATIONAL OR DEMONSTRATION APPLIANCES; APPLIANCES FOR TEACHING, OR COMMUNICATING WITH, THE BLIND, DEAF OR MUTE; MODELS; PLANETARIA; GLOBES; MAPS; DIAGRAMS.
- This subclass covers :
- simulators regarded as teaching or training devices, which is the case if they give perceptible sensations having a likeness to the sensations a student would experience in reality in response to actions taken by him;
- models of buildings, installations, or the like.
- This subclass does not cover :
- simulators which merely demonstrate or illustrate the function of an apparatus or of a system by means involving computing, and therefore cannot be regarded as teaching or training devices. Such simulators are covered by class G06, if no provision exists elsewhere;
- components of simulators, if identical with real devices or machines, which are covered by the relevant subclasses for these devices or machines and not by class G09 .
G09C CIPHERING OR DECIPHERING APPARATUS FOR CRYPTOGRAPHIC OR OTHER PURPOSES INVOLVING THE NEED FOR SECRECY.
G09D RAILWAY OR LIKE TIME OR FARE TABLES; PERPETUAL CALENDARS.
G09F DISPLAYING; ADVERTISING; SIGNS; LABELS OR NAME-PLATES; SEALS.
- In this subclass, the following term is used with the meaning indicated:
- "sign" designates a mark or indication serving to make something recognisable, the information presented being non-varying, even if it is flashing; by way of example it covers, therefore, advertising hoardings, or luminous, or light reflecting, safety arrangements.
- Attention is drawn to the Notes following the titles of class B81 and subclass B81B relating to "micro-structural devices" and "micro-structural systems".
G09G ARRANGEMENTS OR CIRCUITS FOR CONTROL OF INDICATING DEVICES USING STATIC MEANS TO PRESENT VARIABLE INFORMATION (arrangements for transferring data between digital computers and displays G06F 3/14; static indicating arrangements comprising an association of a number of separate sources or light control cells G09F 9/00; static indicating arrangements comprising integral associations of a number of light sources H01J, H01K, H01L, H05B 33/12; scanning, transmission or reproduction of documents or the like, e.g. facsimile transmission, details thereof H04N 1/00).
- This subclass covers indicator consoles, i.e. arrangements or circuits for processing control signals to achieve the display, e.g. for the calling up, reception, storage, regeneration, coding, decoding, addressing of control signals.
- This subclass does not cover the structural details of the indicating devices, such as panels or tubes per se , or assemblies of individual light sources, which are covered by the relevant subclasses, e.g. H01J, H01K, H01L, G02F, G09F, H05B .
- Contrary to subclass H04N, in which are classified display devices capable of representing continuous brightness value scales, this subclass is limited to devices using only a discrete number of brightness values, e.g. visible/non-visible.
- The visual effect may be produced by a luminescent screen scanned by an electron beam, directly by controlled light sources, by projection of light, from controlled light sources onto characters, symbols, or elements thereof drawn on a support, or by electric, magnetic, or acoustic control of the parameters of light rays from an independent source.